* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CU South Denver has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Customer and Education Programs Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown.Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work
This position supports the internal and external stakeholders at the University of Colorado South Denver (CU South Denver) and is responsible for front-facing customer programs, services and operations including Welcome Desk, Theater and Museum operations, and Educational Program operations and delivery. Responsibilities in this position include greeting, directing and enhancing the CU South Denver experience for all patrons including the public, K-12 and higher education; selling admission tickets utilizing computerized point-of-sale system; following checklist routines for point-of-sale stations which includes operating multiple software programs and applications simultaneously; supporting educational and public programs on a regular basis; monitoring galleries and exhibits; handling customer service requests and collaborating with the appropriate personnel; and overall, professionally coordinating effective communication across multiple departments within and outside of CU South Denver. In addition, Customer Coordinators maintain and monitor all museum and public spaces and report steps needed to improve these areas to the Assistant Director of Business and Customer Operations, and/or Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategy and Organizational Effectiveness. This position is located in Lone Tree, CO.
Customer Service, Guest Services, Customer Operations, Education, Cashiering
Examples of Work Performed:
- Present and maintain an organized, positive, welcoming environment for all CU Denver South visitors and customers.
- Respond to requests from guests, supervisors, and management in a timely, professional, and effective manner
- Collaborate with manager and other CU staff to ensure information requests is communicated accurately to visitors or directed to the appropriate unit.
- Maintain components of the Museum and public spaces as required, including Globeology, Theatre, K12 classroom, the Art Gallery, temporary exhibits, Science on a Sphere and the Welcome Desk.
- Support events.
- Participate in organized training and staff meetings to learn new aspects of the job and retain current information on CU, events, and general campus operations.
- Facilitate sales by operating a point-of-sale system
- Develop an understanding of cash policy; participate in relevant training, follow cash-handling procedures as required by policy in an ethical and accurate way.
- Recognize security risks concerning inventory stock and cash; remain knowledgeable on prevention of security issues and how to handle these situations; follow established security procedures.
- Due to a wide range of possible questions from visitors and customers, be adaptable in offering assistance; follow escalation procedures as needed.
- Answer museum phone and greet individuals and groups as needed; answer customer emails in a timely fashion.
- Communicate professionally across the organization, including by email, phone and in person.
At the Welcome Desk:
- Greet visitors and customers with a professionalism and a welcoming, warm style
- Facilitate ticket sales for all events and programs, applying discounting where required
- Upsell films with general admission purchase (combo tickets)
- Manage check-in processes for events
- Create ID badges for students, staff, and faculty and answering questions.
In the Theater as Projectionist:
- Operate digital projector and all components for each movie showing, including maintaining proper sound and lighting.
- Monitor theater doors and ticketing.
- Report any technical problems to manager and IT Department.
- Ensure that 3D glasses are cleaned and polished on a daily basis. Sweep theater and remove trash between shows and at end of the day. Clean and maintain projection booth.
- Provide necessary projection services for special events, as assigned.
In Delivery of Education Programs:
- Assist with logistics for keeping groups organized in their visits to CU South Denver
- Assist with delivering programs on a weekly basis to groups visiting the facility
- Work collaboratively with the volunteers providing assistance in program delivery
- Make suggestions to manager for improvements in program delivery
As a Floater:
- Interface with the visitors and customers to minimize any factors that may negatively impact their experiences.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor at all times.
- Ensure all Museum and public spaces are clean and operating properly. Monitor all exhibit areas for maintenance concerns (e.g., spills, broken exhibits).
- Monitor visitor behavior (e.g., no food/drink policy); report anything out of the ordinary to security.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the duties of this position may change based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits
The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions in its benefit package. The hiring salary for this position has been established at $12.27 per hour.
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx.
The University of Colorado Denver|Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Experience providing excellent and quality customer service to multiple constituents.
- Minimum six months customer service, cash handling and computerized POS system experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays as required.
- Must be willing and able to use Kronos, a finger print driven time tracking system, for daily clock-in/clock-out.
- Twelve months customer service, cash handling and computerized POS system experience.
Competencies Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Set a high standard of professionalism and for a professional atmosphere at all operational areas
- Be approachable, have strong customer service skills, and be well-versed in all CU South Denver policies.
- Maintain a friendly demeanor even under stressful circumstances.
- Display excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable persona.
- Possess a “team player” attitude
- Have the ability to think of your feet and problem solve
- Be comfortable navigating grey areas and delivering a positive, accurate message to all stakeholders
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with learning new information often that you are responsible for conveying to patrons
- Possess capability to operate two to three different software programs simultaneously
- Effectively communicate/report needs, issues, and solutions to the CPS Supervisor, Assistant Director of Business and Customer Operations, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategy & Organizational Effectiveness in order to improve and evolve the customer experience.
- Quickly and effectively meet the needs of customers who use the CU Denver South location for their events.
- Have knowledge and willingness to be trained about the resources offered and provided at all University of Colorado campuses.
For more information and to apply: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=247027&src=JB-10100