|Department||Office of Cultural Engagement|
|Pay Range||Commensurate with Experience|
|Hours||Standard University business hours
8:30am – 5:00pm (academic year)
Hours may vary based on operational needs.
|Unionized Position Code||Not Applicable|
|Job Description||Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Cultural Engagement, College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) and in collaboration with the Executive Director of the Coalition of Museum & Art Centers (CMAC) this will be the person in charge of:
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the Point of Contact Gallery located at 350 W Fayette St. Syracuse NY, including:
1) Manages contemporary art productions and show openings for the gallery space; 2) Manages public programs in literature; 3) Manages marketing campaigns for all Point of Contact Programs including new publications released each year, and 4) Manages arts educations programs.
|Qualifications||• Masters Degree or equivalent experience plus 5 years of experience in Arts Administration.|
|Job Specific Qualifications||• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Arts / Museum management skills
• Excellent supervisory skills
• Extensive knowledge of Syracuse University policies
• Experience working with culturally diverse Syracuse communities
|Responsibilities||Management of programs and activities at POC:
• Supervise the production of events at POC Gallery: art exhibits, poetry readings, performances and community events
• Oversee publicity strategies; produce and coordinate distribution of promotional materials through various media
• Supervise curatorial work
• Supervise the production of 4-6 art exhibits each year
• Edit and produce of artist catalogues
• Coordinate artist visits to campus
• Oversee maintenance of a welcoming space
• Supervise the production of publications including schedules, printing, shipping & distribution
• Supervise the graphic design and composition work for publications
• Coordinate market launch of annual publications
MARKETING & PROMOTION
• Produce content for website (www.puntopoint.org) and ensure timely updates of the site
• Design and coordinate publicity campaigns; write and distribute media releases
• Oversee graphic design & composition of promo and marketing materials
• Develop and implement publicity/media campaigns including design, scheduling, print & electronic media.
• Develop and implement community outreach initiatives on and off the SU campus
• Supervise fundraising efforts including the annual Patrons Event
• Maintain communication with patrons throughout the year
• Research grants and write grant applications
• Prepare outcomes assessment reports at the end of the grant period
• Track POC’s operating budget
• Hire and supervise part-time staff
• Prepare & maintain records and minutes of POC board of directors meetings; coordinate meetings and distribute communication to board members.
• Prepare yearly outcomes reports for CAS, CMAC and other SU divisions that assess co-curricular development.
• Management, documentation & preservation of POC’s permanent art collection
ARTS EDUCATION / COMMUNITY BASED LEARNING (funded by NYSCA)
• Hire and supervise part-time graduate staff assisting in the coordination of an annual 6-week program: El Punto Art Studio.
• Coordinate and supervise the production of a program catalogue
• Manage production of an art exhibit and/or public performance at the culmination of the seminar
|Application Instructions||In addition to completing an online application, please attach a resume and cover letter.|
|About Syracuse University||Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience.
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu.
|About the Syracuse area||Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000. The area offers a low cost of living and provides many social, cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums, festivals, professional regional theater, and premier shopping venues. Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites, visiting wineries along the Finger Lakes, and biking on trails along the Erie Canal.|
|EEOC||Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.|
|Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans||Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the military-connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II, Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse University into the national research institution it is today. The University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs designed to position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family members.|
|Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community||Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.|
|Job Posting Date||09/27/2019|
|Full Consideration By|
|Message to Applicants|
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first find out about this position?
- sujobopps.com (Syracuse University Online Employment website)
- HercJobs.org (HERC Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Chronicle.com (Chronical of Higher Ed website)
- Chronicle of Higher Education publication
- DiverseEducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education website)
- Current SU Employee
- Current SU Temporary Employee
- Current SU Student
- Referred by an SU Employee
- Referred by a non SU Employee
- LinkedIn Job Posting
- LinkedIn – Recruited by SU
- LinkedIn Job Alert
- Syracuse Post Standard – newspaper
- Recruited by SU Talent Acquisition Manager
- Job Fair
- Search Firm
- If “other”, please describe how you first found out about this position.(Open Ended Question)