We invite applications for a full-time position as Gallery Director of The McEachern Art Center and Lecturer of Art. The successful candidate will contribute to a growing Art Department rooted in Mercer University’s College of Liberal Arts as we prepare our students to face an ever-changing world with the creative and critical thinking skills needed for the future.
- Teach four undergraduate courses per academic year
- Direct, curate, and organize all events and the calendar for the McEachern Art Center
- Maintain an active exhibition and research record
- Undergraduate student mentoring and advising, including active participation in supervising capstone projects for BA and BFA students
- Oversight and operation of a safe working environment, managing gallery supplies and equipment, and supervising work-study students
- Contributions to departmental growth, such as curriculum development, recruitment, and programming
- Oversee the budget, and facilitate collaborative projects with other departments, the community, and other institutions.
Anticipated Starting Date: January 1, 2020
- MFA in Museum Studies, Studio Art or related field from an accredited college/university is required
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring undergraduates
- Extensive knowledge of techniques and theory relevant to gallery and museum standards, knowledge of contemporary studio practice is a plus
- Active exhibition and/or research record
Mercer University is one of America’s oldest and most distinctive institutions of higher learning, offering rigorous programs to more than 8,500 students enrolled in 12 schools and colleges. The academic cornerstone of the university, the College of Liberal Arts, is a highly selective, residential institution enrolling over 1900 students. Recently awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the College of Liberal Arts at Mercer University is located in historic Macon, Georgia, which is about an hour south of Atlanta. For additional information about Mercer and the Department of Art, please consult the following websites: http://www.mercer.edu or http://cla.mercer.edu/art/ or call 1-478-301-2974. For inquiries only, please email the department administrative assistant, Penni Hartley at email@example.com.
The selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Pay rate commensurate with experience.
The deadline to submit applications is November 8, 2019, at 5 pm.
For more information and to apply: https://mujobs.mercer.edu/cw/en-us/job/494413/lecturer-of-art-and-gallery-director