The Michael and Noémi Neidorff Art Gallery, since its inaugural faculty exhibition in 2006, has become an essential and vital component of art education at Trinity University for Art and Art History students, as well as campus communities. The gallery mission aims to enrich and support curricular programs and faculty interests within the Department of Art and Art History. With the growth of more ambitious programming, the gallery has become a significant venue for San Antonio and the greater Texas art communities and audiences. The Gallery Manager will work in collaboration with the faculty on all aspects of gallery practice to ensure the gallery’s continued growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with faculty, curators, students, and exhibiting artists in the development and production of a dynamic program of exhibitions and events.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, and installation of art exhibitions.
- Provide graphic design for didactic elements, publicity releases, and announcements.
- Maintain gallery calendar.
- Manage social media and departmental newsletter.
- Document exhibitions and events.
- Maintain exhibition archive.
- Train and supervise student employees.
- Design and construct gallery furniture such as pedestals and shelves.
- Ready art works for exhibition.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
- Strong skills in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Software Suite.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to bring varied tasks to deadline.
- Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans, and handling issues when necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn the university’s administrative structure and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in meeting the responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to retrieve and deliver art and supplies locally.
- Knowledge of art handling and installation best practices.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field
Preferred: Master’s degree in related field
Moderate physical activity. May require handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Work will be performed in an office, gallery, workshop, and field environments.
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for 3 References
Optional Applicant Documents
- Gallery Portfolio
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your application, email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com. All attachments must be in PDF format. For full consideration applicants should apply by September 3, 2019.
Additional Salary Information: Full benefits