The responsibilities of the position include managing UNF’s three unique gallery spaces (including the UNF Gallery of Art, the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery, and the UNF Gallery at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville). This position will serve as a liaison between department faculty and MOCA staff. In addition, the successful candidate will teach four classes annually for the Department of Art and Design in fields relevant to museum studies/gallery practice and/or the candidate’s field of expertise.
The Gallery Director is a hands-on position responsible for arranging the round-trip transportation of loaned work from artists, including overseeing receiving, unpacking, condition reporting, installation, de-installation, packing, and shipment of works of art.
- At least an MFA in Fine Art or an MA in Art History, Museum Studies or a related field;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in gallery/museum management, exhibitions, and/or marketing;
- Teaching experience in art history or studio art;
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication and organization;
- The ability to work independently on multiple curating practices;
- The ability to work collegially and collaboratively with department faculty and staff, university administration, visiting artists, and community members.
Background Check: This position requires a background check. In conjunction with the University’s policy, this position may also require a credit check.
Responsible Employee: The holder of this position is designated as a “Responsible Employee” pursuant to their role under Title IX. Therefore, the incumbent must promptly report allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and child sexual abuse by or against any student, employee, contractor, or visitor to the University’s Title IX Administrator or any divisional Title IX Coordinator.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Regan Bartley firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-620-4037. Initial review of applications will begin on January 15, 2020.
If invited to campus, 3 letters of recommendation and an official transcript must be received prior to interview.
1. a cover letter detailing your professional activity and how it resonates with the position criteria
2. a statement of teaching philosophy
3. curriculum vitae
4. unofficial transcripts (finalists will be required to submit official transcripts)
5. portfolio of personal/professional work (labeled), no more than 20 examples (uploaded under document type “portfolio”)
6. portfolio of student work (labeled), no more than 20 examples (uploaded under document type “media file”)
7. example of a course syllabus, course assignments
8. A list of three references with contact information (uploaded under document type “Department Specific”)
For more information and to apply: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/12634