The Gallery Assistant is under the supervision of the Gallery Director. The position is designed to assist the Director in all aspects of managing the Fine Arts Gallery and the Card Wildlife Education Center. Responsibilities include exhibitions, receptions, designing and ordering printed material, transportation and installation of exhibitions, artwork and collections objects, acting as gallery docent, and clerical duties. Will also assist in inventory and custom framing.
Posting Date: 11/01/2019
Initial Application Review Date: 11/18/2019
Closing Date Open Until Applicants are Selected, Selected for interview, or Position Filled
No Special Instructions to Applicants
Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of four years (96 credit hours) of college education with major coursework in art or art history.
Transcript 2 (OPTIONAL): Applicants who have completed college coursework or attained a degree must attach a copy of unofficial transcript.
Transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
Four years (96 credit hours) of college education with major coursework in art or art history.
- Experience involving a gallery or museum setting.
- Experience with basic computer programs such as Excel and Word.
- Experience or proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design software.
- Experience with handling art objects.
Valid driver’s license required.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts.
- Major college-level coursework in art or art history or a related field.
- Experience with custom picture framing.
- Two years of experience involving a gallery or museum setting.
- Experience with gallery systems software.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Experience or proficiency in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
For more information and to apply: https://employment.ferris.edu/postings/33021?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed