RAAMP provides free, accessible video content on social and practical issues that affect museum professionals. Feel free to explore and get involved to participate in future videos!
RAAMP Video Practica for Professional Development and Pedagogy
The RAAMP video practica explore the challenges that museum professionals face at their institutions, as well as the strategies, processes, and solutions they use to solve them. Videos, supplemental readings, references, and other related materials are added to the RAAMP repository of publicly accessible resources to promote discourse related to the role of academic art museums, and their contribution to the educational mission of their parent institutions. Produced by RAAMP’s stakeholders, CAA Committees, and partner organizations, these videos address topics such as assessing courses, incorporating museum collections into curriculum, advocating for your museum’s mission, and leveraging campus partnerships.
Past topics include:
- Integrating Curricula and Exhibitions with Issa Lampe and Berit Ness, Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago
- Interdisciplinary Practice with Jennifer Reynolds-Kaye, Yale Center for British Art
- Research at the Academic Art Museum with Martina Droth, Yale Center for British Art
- Registrar Practices with Jessica Uelsmann, Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida
- Student Engagement with Eric Segal, Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida
- Community Engagement with Eric Segal, Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida
- Professional Development Initiatives with Eric Segal, Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida
- Faculty Engagement with Eric Segal, Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida
- Institutional Development with Rebecca Nagy, Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida
Our monthly gatherings give participants an opportunity to chat informally about a dedicated topic that relates to their work as academic art museum professionals and the mission of their institutions.
If you are an academic art museum professional and would like to propose a topic for a Coffee Gathering, please contact Cali Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Differentiating Visual Arts Administration and Museum Studies Programs
- Designing a Collection Plan
- Curatorial Work as Academic Labor
- My Gallery is Bigger Than Your Gallery (Dispersed Campus Collections)
- Diversity Training for Gallery Educators
- Institution as Material
- Digital Aesthetics?!
- Engaging Educators in Art Museum Galleries
- Social Action, Censorship, and Campus Art Museums
- Is that a Picasso in Your Dorm Room? Art Lending Programs for Students
- Curriculum Development Workshops
To access these, go to: https://raamp.hcommons.org/raamp-coffee-gatherings/
If you are interested in participating in a coffee gathering, please contact Cali Buckley at email@example.com.