Hendrix College seeks applicants for the first Director/Curator of the Windgate Museum of Art. Housed in the Miller Creative Quad, opening in fall of 2019, the museum will serve as a pedagogical resource for Hendrix College. As an interdisciplinary space that engages students, and faculty from across the campus the Director/Curator will be responsible for:
- leadership and strategic planning for museum work in collaboration with diverse constituents on and off campus;
- the management and preservation tasks related to the facility and collection;
- working directly with artists, collectors, galleries, museums and foundations to secure loans of artwork for exhibitions;
- manages the museum budget
- oversees the College’s permanent collection including new acquisitions, collection records, loans and returns across campus, and storage;
- teaching one art history and/or museum studies course each semester
In addition to these major responsibilities we are seeking applicants who will ensure that students and the broader community remain engaged with the work of the museum. In the accomplishment of that aim this role will:
- supervise and train student workers and interns in museum and curatorial work;
- cultivate relationships with community members, art organizations and foundations for fundraising, gifts, grants and special projects;
- provide outreach to local community in the Conway/Little Rock area and the state of Arkansas;
- collaborate with others on and off campus for the creation and promotion of creative and engaging exhibits.
The College seeks individuals with an MFA or PhD in Art History or Museum Management and a minimum of 2 years of curatorial/museum management experience. In addition to those qualifications, the successful applicant will have a demonstrated history as an outstanding communicator, a great collaborator, knowledge of relevant software tools related to museum management, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in both teaching and community engagement.
To learn more about the Miller Creative Quad and Windgate Museum of Art please visit https://www.hendrix.edu/news/mcq_announced.aspx
For consideration applicants should submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and transcript of highest degree.
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Shawn Goicoechea, Assistant Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032 501-450-1415 email@example.com
Julie Brown, Director of Academic Success and Section 504 Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (not for applications), 501-505-2954