Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time Curator/Facility Coordinator, Schmidt Art Center.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the Curator/Facility Coordinator acts as the administrator and is responsible for all facets of the Schmidt Art Center’s operations. Duties include the scheduling and organization of exhibitions and the oversight of the permanent collection; scheduling and promoting the use of the center; the preparation of grants and participation in fundraising efforts; and supervision of the staff.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Major in fine arts or art history preferred.
3. Master’s degree in art management, art or art history preferred.
4. Background clearance required.
5. Three years of responsible experience in managing an art center, gallery, or similar facility preferred.
6. Event/facility management experience preferred.
7. Experience in marketing, fundraising and public relations and working with staff and volunteer management preferred.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
Grade 3 on the Administrative Salary Scale, ranging from $51,164 to $59,901.
Belleville Campus with district-wide responsibilities
This position will remain open until filled
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
For more information and to apply: https://www.swic.edu/about/human-resources/employment-at-swic/