Rose Art Museum Administration – JM (William Dawes)
- Assists with documentation, maintenance, and physical care of the museum’s collections.
- Installs and maintains all galleries, special exhibit and temporary exhibition spaces, and art storage areas. This includes building and painting temporary walls and platforms, moving object cases throughout the building, and installing art in all media using accepted museum standards and practice.
- Contributes to a safe environment by using appropriate materials, equipment, and methods.
- Handles, packs, moves, and photographs artwork in the museum’s collections.
- Assists with framing, unpacking, crating, and transporting art objects using accepted museum standards and practice. This also includes changing lights, painting, disposing of crates and other refuse, purchasing supplies, monitoring climate control system, keeping an inventory of frames and other supplies, placing signage around the building, and light cleaning.
- Minimum qualifications include a BFA or BA in museum studies, art history, or related field and experience in museum art handling procedures.
- Familiarity with a broad range of installation techniques and hardware required.
- Experience with carpentry, taping, and interior painting, preferred.
- Experience with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of AV and new media works, preferred.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to apply creative methods to solve installation problems with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work well both as part of a team and under own direction;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding; ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use eyes and hands to examine and handle delicate objects.
- Ability to work unscheduled overtime during periods of installation/de-installation
For more information and to apply: https://brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Jobs/job/Brandeis—Waltham-Campus/Collections-Assistant-Preparator_R0001591