ART PLAY K-12 EDUCATION ADMINISTRATOR – (T63838)
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is seeking a Program Administrator II(ArtPlay k to work under minimal supervision, this hire will coordinate and implement all aspects of UAB Visual and Performing Arts K-12 education, including summer camps, classes, workshops, family days, Vocabby’s World, UAB Arts Youth Council, as well as other programs that may be assigned or developed.
Responsible for the execution of programming in correlation with the mission and goals of UAB Visual and Performing Arts. Through strategic planning and research, develops new initiatives and sets long-term goals. Works directly with the director to assess risks and issues. Collaborates on long term planning and visioning for ArtPlay. Ensures all K-12 programs adhere to UAB policies and procedures. Develops data through internal/external forms to document programming strategies.In consultation with the Director of Artplay, recruits, interviews and selects quality teaching artists. Establishes and implements a performance evaluation for all teaching artists and their classes. Insures that teaching artists receive appropriate training on UAB policies and procedures by providing materials and collecting verifiable information. Collects background checks and UAB child protection tests for all teaching artists and volunteers.
- Provides guidance and support for all teaching artists and staff.
- Works with the appropriate leadership to ensure programs reach the broadest possible audience.
- Develops, presents and gains approval for and implements new class and workshop offerings.
- Maintains operation of existing successful programming and assesses all programs consistently throughout program cycle.
- Coordinates with Office Manager to ensure that proper communication and information is received by students, families and teaching artists
- Establish and maintains positive relationships, both internally, throughout UAB and in the community.
- Represents UAB in the community and with sponsors, donors, and granting organizations.
- Establishes, implements, manages and monitors a budget for each assigned program.
- Assists with establishment and management of overall Engagement/ArtPlay budget.
For more information: https://uab.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=T63838&lang=en