Job #: 034863
Department Code: 20009 7605
Department: SUArt Galleries
Job Title: Art Gallery Designer
Location: Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: S4
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Type: Full time
Fully develop high-quality, accurate design elements and exhibition layouts for the SUArt Galleries (main campus and at the Palitz Gallery, NYC) projects including print and outdoor advertising, museum publications, signage, website graphics, exhibition graphics, and gallery labels.
Work effectively with a variety of internal clients and external vendors to meet Galleries goals and budgets. Design materials (signage, didactic panels, object labels, etc.) to enhance Galleries exhibitions.
Work with web tools, such as WordPress to maintain website and enhance website design. Work with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Continue semi-annual design and production of newsletter and other publications utilizing common design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop.) Think creatively to create multiple design options for each project.
• BA Graphic Design or similar college degree preferred with museum or gallery related experience.
• One plus years of experience depending on combination of education and experience.
Job Specific Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar computer applications.
• Knowledge of WordPress, Sketchup, and/or other web-based computer coding.
• Knowledge of Filemaker, Pro preferred.
• Designing layouts for publications including gallery guides, brochures, catalogs, newsletters and other printed materials. Coordination and production of the print material both in house and externally with larger outsourced publications.
• Maintain websites and online databases.
• Meeting with staff for preliminary design and organization of projects associated with Gallery activities.
• Supplemental graphic elements for exhibitions and other programming associated with Gallery activities.
Job posting date: 10/02/2018
For more information and to apply: https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/76080?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed