Driven by a commitment to diversity, inclusion and cultural equity, the ICA at VCU is dedicated to producing and sharing new art and ideas, and to supporting creative communities. The ICA’s program includes artist commissions, exhibitions, film screenings, talks and discussions, publications and performances. It features artists and thinkers from around the world. The ICA is in direct dialogue with VCUarts, the #1 public art school in the country, and is a space for multi-disciplinary experimentation across a major, urban public research university while simultaneously providing opportunities for creative collaboration locally and internationally. Designed by the renowned Steven Holl Architects, the ICA’s 41,000 square foot building opened to the public in April 2018, and welcomed over 100,000 visits in its first year. Reporting to the ICA’s Director of Administration and Project Management, the Administrative Assistant, Exhibitions and Programs provides day-to-day administrative and operational support for exhibitions and the Curatorial department.
Travel Administration and Guest Hospitality
- Working with guests (including artists and their studios and galleries as well as other program-related visitors), coordinate and arrange national and international travel and reimbursements
- As needed, assist in gathering support materials (e.g. visitors’ bios and head shots).
- Coordinate and arrange national and international travel and reimbursements for curatorial and exhibitions staff
- Working with curatorial and exhibitions staff, draft and distribute itineraries and schedules for visiting artists; support communication and coordination with internal and external collaborators around visits as needed.
- Create, update, and distribute host/hospitality information for guests; work with exhibitions and curatorial staff to coordinate and arrange hospitality opportunities for guests Fiscal Administration
- Generate, track, and complete purchase orders for exhibition and program expenses
- Serve a a departmental purchase card holder; generate monthly reconciliations
- Input expenses into budget tracking spreadsheets and reconcile exhibition, program, and project expenditures to budgets on a monthly basis Project Management Support
- Assist in the development of exhibition and production timelines; track schedules to ensure deadlines are met and assist in prioritizing exhibition activities
- Ensure exhibition and production deadlines and activities are entered into the ICA’s project management tool; regularly review and update project management tool to ensure it is accurate
- Evaluate exhibition planning processes and procedures and recommend adjustments and implement updates Administrative Support
- Establish and maintain exhibition and program file system.
- Assist with the coordination of exhibition meetings and key program planning meetings, including sending calendar invites, agenda distribution, and note-taking.
- In coordination with exhibition staff, enter data into contract and other exhibition document templates
- Provide sourcing/vendor and general research support, as needed
- Other administrative duties and projects, as assigned
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, staff, and community members
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment or commitment to do so
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and use independent judgement
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience using office software and hardware, including word processors, spreadsheets, electronic calendars, scanners, and copy machines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage them in an orderly, efficient manner
- Passion for contemporary art and culture
- Experience working in a public/government organization or institution, such as a public university, museum, or department
- Experience arranging and coordinating national and international travel
- Experience providing administrative support to a management-level supervisor or department
- Experience using a project management software or platform
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent relevant experience
Anticipated hiring range: $45,000 – $48,000
For more information and to apply: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/94886